|GREAT BATTLE STANDS
of the Civil War
|1st Division Southern Re-enactors Association
PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU REGISTER
1. All Guns must be mounted on period correct number 1 or number 2 carriages (57- inch
wheels) with correct Limbers and Implements, all in good working order. Period correct Mountain
Howitzers are welcome but will be limited.
2. All mounted Artillery must be mounted on period correct number 1 or number 2 carriages (57-
inchwheels) with correct Limbers, Implements and Harnesses. Pass both gun and harness
inspections by the wagon master.
3. All mounted Moutain Howitzers must be mounted on period correct Praire Carrages (38-inch
in good working order with correct Limbers, Implements and Harnesses. Pass both gun and
harness inspections by the wagon master.
4. All cannons must have a crew of at least 6 cannoneers when registuring.
5. All participants on the gun must be at least 18 years of age on #1 & #2 positions, 16 years of
age on #3
& #4 positions and 15 years of age on #5, #6 and #7 positions with adult supervision.
6. All guns and crews must pass a safety drill and inspection before any participation in the
Acceptable drills, USFAA, ACWAA, 1 st Division or similar drill.
7. Powder charges must use cannon grade or 1F powder and not exceed 4 ounces per inch of
8. All uniforms musts be period dress with the correct shoes, hats, coats, pants and
9. All female participants (and we stress) must look and dress as male soldiers and approved
before any participation in the event.
10. All CS Artillery will be required to galvanize when called upon.
11. All camps will be period correct garrison style camps, period dress in the camps at all times.
No modern items will be permitted to be in view.
12. All vehicles must be out of the camps by times set forth by the event and will not return to the
after the event is over. Violators will be towed at owner’s expense.
13. All Guns will be placed into historically named four gun Batteries with a Battery commander.
Only one period correct Flag per Battery.
14. All participants must follow all rules, regulations and guidelines set forth by the event, failure
to do so may result in the ejection from the event.
15. All Artillery pieces and crews will be subject to final approval by the command staff.
16. Additional orders and information will be forthcoming before the event.
Please contact Col. Robert E. Beams at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval before registering your
gun and crew.
The organizers wish for all participants to have a safe and enjoyable event and would like to
present events that
are both historical and period correct as possible. Your participation by following these rules and
make Mississippi Stands an event that we can
all be proud of.